How To Effectively and Efficiently Promote Content OnlineApril 16, 2021
What is the online promotion of content? In a nutshell, online promotion is basically using various online platforms and websites to increase awareness and exposure of your brand. This could be anything from answering a question on Quora or Reddit to collaborating on a guest post with an online news site.
There are different types of online promotion and not all of them are ideal for every type of business. Some are better suited for small businesses, others are great for eCommerce businesses, and some online promotion techniques can be used efficiently by many different kinds of businesses.
The key benefits of online promotion:
Promoting content online has a slew of benefits, especially when you compare this style of marketing to more traditional PR and advertising methods. Here are just a few of the ways certain online promotion techniques can help your brand or business:
- Online promotion can increase your brand awareness. Online promotion is a great way to get the word out about your brand, product, or services by finding relevant online websites and communities to answer questions or provide helpful information.
- Online promotion can improve your website’s SEO. One of the main components of promoting content online is earning an external link back to your website. Depending on the site, these links can be incredibly valuable for your site SEO.
- Online promotion costs much less than traditional PR and advertising. Many online promotion strategies are free, only costing the time and effort of pursuing promotion opportunities. Inbound Marketing Inc found that online promotion is usually more than 100 times cheaper than traditional marketing efforts.
- Some parts of online promotion can be automated. With the help of marketing automation tools that can help identify promotion opportunities, collect journalist contact information, and more, many parts of promoting content online can be automated. This means you can save time, money, and manpower by automating part of the process.
- It’s easier to track the effectiveness of online promotion. Because of the links associated with online promotion, as well as, online tagging technology, it’s much easier to measure the results of online promotion compared to traditional advertising and marketing such as print or billboard ads.
- Online promotion can reach a highly targeted audience. By focusing on a distinct topic, community, industry, or even a subsection of an industry, you can tailor your online promotion efforts to reach a specific target audience. For example, pet owners who are also environmentally conscious.
- Online promotion can position your product or service to solve a specific problem. The internet is full of people asking questions or looking for answers to solve a problem they are struggling with. How can I save money on blank? What is blank? How do you use blank? Etc.
Effective website promotion strategies:
One of the great things about online promotion is that there are many different ways to go about it. Some are more effective than others but the trade-off sometimes is the amount of time spent on one task compared to another. Often online promotion tactics that are quick and easy to execute might not achieve the end-goal result of promoting your brand online. Here are some common online promotion examples:
- Promote Your Business Using Online Directories: Online directories for businesses are a great way to get a relevant external link back to your website as well as spread awareness for your brand. To find them, search for online directories relevant to your products, services, or industry.
- Social Media for Online Promotion: Social media is excellent for online promotion because the platforms are designed for engagement and sharing content. Make sure to share any new blog content on social media to maximize the chances of followers viewing and sharing your posts.
- Online Promotion Using Digital Press Releases: There are a number of online press release services you can utilize for your content promotion. These are ideal for announcing new product developments, partnerships, research studies, and advancements in your industry.
- Promotion By Contributing to Online Communities: Online communities and forums like Reddit, Quora, and more niche groups are a good place to answer questions relevant to your brand and to provide helpful information.
- Partner With Other Businesses or Influencers to Promote Your Brand: Take advantage of any existing partnerships your business may have or build new relationships with other businesses or influencers. You can work together with partners and influencers to help each other by promoting each others’ website content.
- Utilize Roundups for Online Promotion: Roundups are a great, quick online promotion technique to get your brand, products, or services in a list with other relevant sites. These are usually a summary of relevant news or information for a particular topic or industry.
- Promote Your Products By Offering Free Samples to Review Sites: Find review sites and blogs that have a history of reviewing products or services similar to the ones your business offers to potentially land an incredibly impactful and relevant promotion opportunity. By offering a free sample of your product or service, you have the chance to earn online promotion for your brand and possibly a shining review to go with it.
In the end, online promotion is a great way for small businesses, eCommerce businesses, brands, and even large corporations to market themselves. It’s more affordable, easy to measure, requires less manpower and time that can be spent on other important tasks. Find the best online promotion strategies that work for your business.